CSU vs. Presbyterian - Gameday CentralNovember 7, 2009
The Charleston Southern University Buccaneers play their final road game of the season Saturday, when they travel to Clinton, S.C. for a battle with the winless Blue Hose of Presbyterian College. Kick-off at Bailey Memorial Stadium is set for 1:30 p.m.
Buccaneer fans can listen to the game on WJNI-FM 106.3 in the Charleston area, with pregame coverage beginning at 1:00 p.m. EST. Fans can also listen to the game free of charge around the world on Teamline, either on the internet or via telephone. The game will also be broadcast on the Big South Network. Finally, Live Stats will be provided by the PC Media Relations Department.
Teamline Live Stats
Teamline Call-In Number - 1-800-846-4700 teamcode 2942
CSU is 3-5 (1-2 Big South) after earning their first road win of the season last week, 31-21, over VMI. Antwan Ivey returned a punt for a touchdown and rushed for another, in the process earning Big South Special Teams Player of the Week honors.
CSU gets 31-21 Big South victory on the road against VMI
Presbyterian is 0-8 (0-3 Big South) after a 55-19 loss to Liberty last week. Brandon Miley threw two touchdown passes in the loss
Blue Hose Dropped by Flames
CSU Head Coach Jay Mills discusses the victory over VMI and the game against Presbyterian on the latest edition of Buccaneer Update, hosted by Rob Walden.
Neither team is ranked in this week's edition of the Sports Network Top-25 poll.
TSN Top-25 Poll
Media and fans who wish to learn more about the CSU vs. Presbyterian match-up are free to download and print copies of pregame notes from both schools.
CSU Game Notes Central
Quick Notes on Saturday’s game:
* Presbyterian holds a 12-4 advantage over CSU in the team's previous 16 meetings, but the Bucs have won the last three match-ups
* The Bucs won last season's game, 29-18
* Mills (CSU Record: 37-38) became the school's all-time winningest coach with the victory over North Greenville on September 26
* Ivey is the first CSU player to win a Big South weekly award in 2009
* CSU wide receiver Gerald Stevenson is the only player in the FCS to lead his team in both rushing yards and receiving yards
* Stevenson caught two touchdown passes in last season's win over the Blue Hose