Gameday Central - CSU vs. WoffordSeptember 10, 2010
By CSU Sports Information
The Charleston Southern University Buccaneers put their five game winning streak on the line, Saturday, against Wofford. Kickoff between the Buccaneers and Terriers is set for 1:30 p.m. from Buccaneer Field.
Buccaneer fans can listen to the game locally on WQNT 1450 AM, with pregame coverage beginning at 1 p.m. Free audio is also provided on the internet and over the phone through Teamline, allowing fans all over the world tune in to follow the Bucs. Fans listening on the internet can follow the link below, while those wishing to call in can access the broadcast by dialing 1-800-846-4700 and entering the team code 2942.
The game will also be broadcast on the Big South Network on a subscription basis. Fans can purchase single game, season or year-long passes at www.bigsouthsports.com Finally, live stats will be provided by the CSU Sports Information department. All of the links can be found below.
Teamline Live Stats Big South Network
Charleston Southern opened the 2010 season with a victory, the first time since 2006 that they have started the year 1-0. A.J. Toscano earned honorable mention CFPA National Performer of the Week honors after throwing for 244 yards and four touchdowns, while DeMarcus Moon rushed for two more. Read more at: Bucs Overcome Slow Start to Take 41-31 Victory over North Greenville
Wofford started the season outside of the FCS ranks as they took on Ohio. Despite rushing for 220 yards, the Terriers did not complete a pass on their four attempts, and fell 33-10. Mike Rucker led the rushing attack with 76 yards, while fullback Eric Breitenstein added 51 yards and the lone touchdown of the afternoon. Wofford Falls in Season Opener at Ohio University
You can find full game notes and the Big South weekly report at Game Notes Central
• This is the second game in a three-game home stand for CSU; the Bucs have never hosted three games to start the season in the history of the program.
• Charleston Southern has not hosted Wofford at Buccaneer Field since the 2000 season when they suffered a 24-10 loss to the Terriers.
• Two years ago, CSU was slated to host Wofford but the threat of Hurricane Hanna moved the game to Spartanburg.
• Turnovers played a big part in last year's meeting as CSU turned the ball over three times in a 42-14 loss. In fact, the Bucs were driving to cut the Wofford lead to 28-21 when a turnover inside the redzone ended the threat.
• The Bucs are riding a five-game winning streak, dating back to a 31-21 victory on the road against VMI on October 31, 2009. The longest winning streak in school history is 14 games, as CSU won its last five games in 2005 and the first nine of the 2006 campaign.