Bucs to Open BSC Season at LibertyMarch 17, 2011
by CSU Sports Information
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The CSU Buccaneers will open the 2011 Big South season with a three-game series vs. Liberty. The Bucs and the Flames will kick things off on Friday at Worthington Stadium in Lynchburg at 7 p.m.
The Bucs vs. The Flames
CSU will open conference play this weekend when they take on the Liberty Flames in a three-game series March 18-20 in Lynchburg. The Flames lead the series 33-20, and swept the Bucs in last year’s three game series in Charleston.
Making a Comeback
Wednesday’s 15-13 win over USC Upstate marked one of the best’s comebacks in school history. Down 8-0 after two innings, the Buccaneers scored 15 runs to win the game, marking the biggest comeback since at least 2000. The Bucs scored a season-high 15 runs and drove home another season-high 14 RBI.
- Stew Brase pitched a career-high 7.0 innings in the team’s 4-3 win over Fordham.
- Brase also struck out a season-high 5 batters vs. the Rams
- Denis Buckley earned his first career start vs. Savannah State on Tuesday and recorded his first two career hits and first career run.
- Buckley also had his first career stolen base
- Drew Woodall set a new career high with 15 putouts against Fordham.
Senior captain Nick Chinners was caught stealing for the first time this season in Wednesday’s win over USC Upstate. The first baseman has successfully stolen four bases this season, and has already doubled his stolen base total from last season. Chinners is 8-for-19 in his career in stolen bases.
Dolan Gets the “W”
Patrick Dolan dug deep to pick up his first win of the season in the team’s March 12 victory over Fordham. Dolan pitched a career high 6.0 innings, giving up a season-low no earned runs in the 11-2 victory.
Game Notes | Live Stats | Live Stream