CSU at UCF - Gameday Central September 2, 2011
by CSU Sports Information
CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Charleston Southern University football team will kickoff the season on Saturday when they take on the reigning Conference USA champions the University of Central Florida on in a 7 p.m. match up at Bright House Network Stadium in Orlando, Fla.
The game will be broadcast on the Bright House Sports Network. Fans can also follow the action on the radio at 106.3 WJNI FM, with Kevin O’Rourke doing play-by-play. Live stats are available through the University of Central Florida’s athletic web site.
LIVE STATS | RADIO
• This is the first time in CSU’s 20-year history that the Buccaneers and the Knights will
meet, though the Bucs have played many other Florida schools.
• Today’s match up is the first of three consecutive games CSU will play in the Sunshine
State. They will also play Florida State (Sept. 10) and Jacksonville (Sept. 17).
• CSU is 4-4 against Floridian opponents and is 1-4 in games played in the state of
• Central Florida marks the ninth time the Bucs have played an FBS school under the
direction of head coach Jay Mills.
• Almost half of CSU’s roster hails from Florida, but the Knights boast just one South
• CSU is one of just three BSC teams to open the season on the road (Liberty at NC State
and Stony Brook at UTEP). Aside from LU and SBU, only one other CSU opponent will open
the season with an away game (Jacksonville at The Citadel).
• The Bucs are 5-15 all-time in season opening games. They are 2-6 under Coach Mills.
• The 2011 season marks the third time under Coach Mills the Bucs will open with an FBS
opponent. They previously played Miami (2008) and Florida (2009).