CSU at VMI – Game Day Central October 14, 2011
by CSU Sports Information
CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Charleston Southern Buccaneers head to Lexington, Va., on Saturday to open their conference slate at Virginia Military Institute. The Bucs and the Keydets will clash in a 1:35 p.m. match up at Alumni Memorial Field at Foster Stadium.
GAME NOTES | ESPN 3 | RADIO | LIVE STATS
The game will be broadcast on ESPN 3, with Tom Werme and Nate Ross calling the action. CSU fans can also hear the game on Sports Talk 1450 AM with the Voice of the Bucs Kevin O’Rourke.
Both the Bucs and Keydets enter Big South action in search of their first win as each team sits at 0-5 overall with the Keydets also bringing an 0-1 conference record to the table. Saturday’s winner will also get series bragging rights as the series is tied at 5-5. The 2011 season marks the fifth time the two teams have met as part of CSU’s conference opener, and that series is also even at 2-2.
•Today’s contest will be broadcast on www. ESPN3.com with Tom Werme doing play-by-play and Nate Ross providing color commentary.
•Both the Bucs and the Keydets finished with identical records of 3-8 last season, and both enter this year’s match up at 0-5.
• VMI Head Coach Sparky Woods is 1-2 in his career vs. CSU, while CSU’s Jay Mills is 5-3 in his career against the Keydets.
• The two teams last met on October 23 of 2010, where the Keydets came away with the 34-16 victory in Charleston.
•Since the first meeting in 2000, the two teams have split the series 5-5 and will meet for the 11th time on Saturday.
• CSU is 2-3 in games played at Foster Stadium.
• The Keydets will look to end a nine-game losing streak this weekend, while the Bucs look to stop a six-game skid. Coincidentally, VMI’s last win came against Charleston Southern last season.
• Malcolm Dixon looks for another strong start after setting a new career high with 178 passing yards on October 1 vs. Wesley College.