Game Day Central – CSU vs. SBUNovember 4, 2011
by CSU Sports Information
CHARLESTON, S.C. – One week after falling a close contest at Gardner-Webb, the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (0-8, 0-3) will return to Buccaneer Field to host the Stony Brook Seawolves (5-3, 3-0) as they look to even the series on Saturday afternoon at Buccaneer Field. Kickoff is slated for 1:30 p.m. in Charleston.
One of the newest members of the Big South, the Seawolves have only traveled to Charleston once prior to Saturday’s contest. The Buccaneers came away the victors in that game with a 30-27 overtime win back in 2009. Stony Brook retaliated with a 41-21 win in New York in 2010, giving them the 2-1 series lead.
The game will be broadcast on the Big South Sports Network Presented by State Farm, as well as Sports Talk 1450 AM in the Charleston area. Kevin O’Rourke will call the action with Jon Davis providing color commentary.
LIVE STATS | LIVE VIDEO | LIVE AUDIO
• The Stony Brook Seawolves are one of the CSU’s newest opponents, as the two teams first started meeting in 2008 when Stony Brook joined the Big South.
• The Seawolves hold the 2-1 series lead over the Bucs, thought Saturday’s contest will give CSU the chance to even things out.
• The Bucs have averaged 23.3 points per game against the Seawolves, while the Seawolves have averaged 29.3 points in the three contests.
• Charleston Southern took the overtime 30-27 win the last time the two teams met at Buccaneer Field back in 2009.
• Miguel Maysonet enters the game as the reigning BSC Offensive Player of the Week, marking the second time in three weeks the Bucs will face the POW from the week before.
• Stony Brook is 3-0 for the third straight season and will attempt to go 4-0 for the third consecutive season as well.
• The Seawolves recently set a Big South record, scoring 40 or more points in four consecutive games this season.