Game Day Central – CSU at PC November 18, 2011
by CSU Sports Information
CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Charleston Southern Buccaneers (0-10, 0-5) will finish out the regular season on Saturday when they meet the Presbyterian College Blue Hose (3-7, 2-3) in a 1 p.m. match up at Bailey Stadium in Clinton, S.C.
The Buccaneers will look to pick up their first win of the season and continue a five-game win streak over the Blue Hose. PC owns the overall series 6-12 but CSU boasts wins in the last five contests, including the four meetings since Presbyterian started its transition to Division I in 2007.
WMMP-TV36 will air the game live in the Charleston area, as will WMYA-TV40 in the Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville area. Jack Connors will provide play-by-play with Jason Patterson on color and Tiffany Ervin on the sidelines.
The game will also be broadcast live on the radio on Sports Talk 1450 with the Voice of the Bucs Kevin O’Rourke on play-by-play and Jon Davis providing color.
LIVE STATS | LIVE VIDEO | LIVE AUDIO
- The Buccaneers and the Blue Hose will meet for the 19th time in program history on Saturday. It will mark the fourth meeting since the Blue Hose started their transition to Division I.
- PC owns the overall series 6-12, but the Buccaneers have gone 4-0 vs. the Blue Hose since PC declared their transition to Division I (2007).
- CSU’s five game winning streak vs. PC is the Bucs’ longest active streak against a team faced in 2011.
- The Bucs have averaged 17.2 points per game vs. the Blue Hose, while PC puts up an average 26.2 points per game against CSU.
CSU is 2-6 at Bailey Stadium, but has won the last two meetings there.
- CSU’s largest margin of victory over PC is 14 points in a 46-32 victory at Bailey Stadium in 2009. Their largest margin of defeat is 42 points, as they have twice been shut out 42-0 by the Blue Hose.
- Eight of the contests have been decided by a touchdown or less, with CSU coming away with a 17-17 win in the first meeting in 1993 in the smallest margin of victory by either team.