CHARLESTON, S.C. - Charleston Southern continues non-conference play on Tuesday night as the Buccaneers make the short trip to the Patriots Point Athletic Complex for a midweek contest against College of Charleston. First pitch between the Bucs and the Cougars is set for 6 p.m.
Live Stats and Video links are available on the CSU Baseball schedule on CSUSports.com, while updates for the game will be provided on CSU's Game Day Twitter account: @CSUGameDay
- Charleston Southern closed out Big South Conference play this past weekend as the Buccaneers fell in a three-game series against Presbyterian at the CSU Ballpark.
- The Bucs close out the 2017 season this weekend at home against the Air Force with Senior Day recognizing Nate Blanchard, Brandon Gragilla, and Kyle Dyson prior to Saturday's first pitch.
- Interim head coach Adam Ward was named the new permanent head baseball coach of the Buccaneers this past Thursday after leading CSU to a strong start that included receiving votes in two different major national polls.
- Aaron Miller tied Nate Blanchard for the team home run lead heading into the final week of the season as the freshman first baseman connected on a pair of home runs this past weekend against the Blue Hose.
- The Bucs are in the midst of their longest losing streak of the 2017 season with CSU dropping each of their last six games after a four-game winning streak that included a sweep over Radford and a win over Wofford.
- CSU's pitching staff continues to remain elite in conference play as the Bucs lead the conference with 235 strikeouts in Big South play on the year. The Bucs averaged 10.06 strikeouts per game in conference play with Nik Constantakos (46) and Daniel Johnson (44) sitting among the conference leaders on the season.
About the Cougars
College of Charleston enters the Tuesday night game after dropping a pair to No. 13 Arizona this past weekend at the Patriots Point Athletic Complex. The Cougars are 24-27 overall on the season and 12-9 in Colonial play on the year. CofC has posted a 16-13 home record in 2017 that includes wins over Cincinnati, The Citadel, and Kent State.
Last Out for CofC
Bailey Ober tossed a masterful complete game two-hitter and tied his career-high with 13 strikeouts to lead the College of Charleston baseball team to a 3-1 win over No. 13 Arizona on Friday evening at Patriots Point. The Wildcats rebounded with a 4-3 win on Saturday and a 6-0 win on Sunday to take the series over Arizona.
Who to Watch For
Tommy Richter has led CofC's batting efforts in the 2017 season with a .361 average in 45 starts. Richter leads the Cougars with a pair of triples to go with 61 hits and six doubles on the season. Luke Manzo and Dupree Hart lead CofC with 10 stolen bases apiece on the season, while Logan McRae is the power bat in the lineup with 14 home runs and 11 doubles on the year. McRae also leads CofC with 55 RBI and 42 runs scored.
Last Time These Teams Met
College of Charleston took the first match-up against the Bucs back on April 12 at the CSU Ballpark, 13-5. The Cougars' power bats led the way on Wednesday night as CofC connected on a season-high five home runs with two coming off the bat of Erven Roper to take the first matchup between the teams in the 2017 season. Chris Singleton connected on his third home run of the season to pace the CSU offense on the night, while Kyle Vesnesky turned in a 3-for-5 day at the plate with a double. Nate Blanchard, Aaron Miller, Cole German, and Alex Andronica also added multi-hit performances in the loss.