CHARLESTON, S.C. - Charleston Southern welcomes Presbyterian to the Buccaneer Field House on Wednesday night for a Big South Conference matchup. Tipoff on ESPN+ is set for 7:30 p.m.
Of Note: Charleston Southern Athletics will be recognizing the CSU College of Business faculty and students in attendance at Wednesday's game.
Halftime Recognition: CSU will be recognizing all 151 student-athletes who posted a 3.0 GPA or higher at halftime of the Wednesday night men's basketball game.
The Buccaneers (8-11, 2-4 Big South) are looking to build off one of their most complete efforts of the season after topping Gardner-Webb, 74-60. CSU limited Gardner-Webb to just 16.7% shooting in the first half and led by as many as 26 points on its way to the conference win.
CSU set a single-game record in the season with a perfect 18-for-18 mark at the free throw line. Christian Keeling and Ty Jones each went a perfect 6-for-6, while Travis McConico and Dontrell Shuler also were perfect from the line to set the new standard for the Bucs.
The Bucs will also look for Ty Jones to continue his recent string of success that has coincided with his first two starts of the 2018-19 season. The sophomore forward averaged 20.5 points and 6.0 rebounds against Radford and Gardner-Webb on his way to earning recognition among the top players in the Big South last week.
CSU will take on a tough opponent in Presbyterian as the Blue Hose are coming off wins in four of their last five games. The Blue Hose rallied back to top Winthrop at home this past Saturday, 99-91, to improve to 13-10 overall and 5-3 in the Big South Conference.
PC swept the Big South weekly honors from the conference office as announced on Monday. Davon Bell was the conference's player of the week after averaging 15.0 points, 9.7 assists, and 5.7 rebounds per game. Adam Flagler took home freshman honors after averaging 18.7 points while making 48.0% from behind the arc.
CSU Quick Hits
- Charleston Southern improved to 2-4 in Big South play on Saturday by playing their most complete game of the season in the 74-60 win over Gardner-Webb.
- CSU limited the Runnin' Bulldogs to a 16.7% field goal percentage in the first half and led by as many as 26 in the Big South win.
- The Bucs set a CSU single-game record with a 100.0% free throw percentage with four players combining to go 18-of-18 from the line.
- CSU trotted out its eighth different starting lineup this season on Saturday afternoon as Nate Louis made his first career start with the Bucs.
- The Buccaneers and Blue Hose matchup features one of the top ball-control offenses against one of the national leaders in turnovers forced and turnover margin.
- PC is tops among the Big South in assist/turnover ratio at +1.5, while CSU leads the conference in turnover margin at +4.53 per game.
- CSU boasts a 7-3 record at home this season, but only a 1-2 record in conference play.
- CSU is 21-8 all-time against Presbyterian with a 17-4 mark in favor of the Bucs under Coach Radebaugh.
- CSU and PC will close out the regular season in Clinton on March 2nd.
PC Quick Hits
- Presbyterian was picked ninth overall in the Big South Men's Basketball preseason poll announced at the conference's media day. The Blue Hose received 104 points overall.
- The Blue Hose boasts an impressive 8-2 mark at home in the Templeton Center this season. The road has not been as friendly with PC sitting 5-8 away from Clinton with their lone Big South road win coming at USC Upstate on Jan. 21.
- PC has won four of their last five with wins over Hampton, Longwood, Upstate, and Winthrop.
- Adam Flagler leads PC with 15.7 points per game, while Francois Lewis (14.0) and Davon Bell (10.4) are also among the team leaders this season.
- Bell is 10th in NCAA in total assists with 137.