CHARLESTON, S.C. - Charleston Southern will look to bounce back from a pair of season-opening defeats in Florida when the Buccaneers host South Carolina State in their first home game of the 2017 season. Kickoff on Thursday at the CSU Soccer Field is set for 4 p.m.
What to Watch
- CSU dropped a pair of one-goal contests last weekend, falling 2-1 to Jacksonville and 1-0 to North Florida. Sidney Doherty scored the only goal against the Dolphins with a penalty kick in the 61st minute before Jacksonville rallied for two goals in a span of eight minutes.
- Alyssa Dellacqua tied her career high with 15 saves against North Florida, including 12 in the second half, before the Ospreys converted a penalty kick with under two minutes remaining in regulation. Dellacqua first established her career best with 15 stops against Liberty during her freshman season on September 26, 2015.
- Dellacqua now has 134 saves in her career, moving her within six of passing Amy Arroyo (2008-11) for eighth place in school history.
By the Numbers
- 4 - Consecutive seasons in which CSU has won its home opener. Beginning in 2013, the Bucs have defeated Francis Marion, NJIT, Stetson and Jacksonville in their first game of the year at the CSU Soccer Field.
- 9 - Victories for CSU over S.C.State in 10 all-time meetings. The teams last met in 2014 with the Bucs taking a 2-0 victory. The Bulldogs last win came in 2009, a 3-2 overtime victory in Orangeburg.
- 58 - Home victories (in 90 games) for the Bucs over the past 10 years. With a record of 58-26-6, CSU boasts a winning percentage of .678 on its home pitch over that span. The Bucs were 6-4 at home a year ago.
Thursday's game is the first of four straight for CSU against Palmetto State rivals. The Bucs play at Coastal Carolina on Sunday and at The Citadel on September 1 before hosting College of Charleston two days later.