HIGH POINT, N.C. - Charleston Southern battled defending Big South regular season champion High Point to a regulation draw before Bri Jean-Charles scored five minutes into overtime to give the Panthers a 1-0 victory on Wednesday at Vert Stadium.
The Bucs lost for the first time in four conference games, falling to 2-1-1 in league play (4-6-2 overall). High Point evened its overall mark at 6-6-1 while remaining undefeated in the Big South at 3-0-1.
How They Scored
- Jean-Charles scored her second goal of the season at the 95:06 mark off an assist from Alex Denny for the lone goal of the game.
- CSU had only one shot after halftime. After High Point was whistled for a hand ball in the 74th minute, Julia Haber took a free kick from just outside the box but her shot attempt sailed high.
Inside the Numbers
- High Point held a 15-6 advantage in shots including 12-1 after intermission. The Panthers finished with four shots on goal to two for the Bucs.
- High Point was awarded 11 corner kicks while CSU had three.
- Alyssa Dellacqua was credited with three saves, and Panther goalkeeper Alex Hank had two.
News and Notes
- Dellacqua increased her career saves total to 185, moving her past Jena Uvalle for fifth in school history. Fourth place is held by Pam Ramler with 242 stops.
- High Point has won 10 in a row over CSU and leads the all-time series 19-6.
- The Bucs were seeking their best Big South start since going 5-0-1 to begin the 2010 season.
- CSU has gone into overtime in four of its past six games and is 0-2-2 in those contests.
The Bucs return home to host Longwood on Saturday at 2 p.m.