CHARLESTON, S.C. - Charleston Southern will look to return to the win column Wednesday when the Bucs travel to Buies Creek, N.C., to face Campbell. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m., and can be seen on the Big South Network.
The Bucs (4-7-2, 2-2-1 Big South) are 0-2-1 in their last three games while the Camels (7-5-1, 3-1-1) have a tie and loss in their last two contests after opening conference play with three victories.
- Campbell has 10 points in the Big South standings, tied with Longwood and High Point for second behind Liberty (4-0-1, 13 points). CSU is fifth with seven points.
- CSU is looking to snap a scoreless stretch of 278 minutes. The Bucs last found the back of the net in a 1-1 draw with Gardner-Webb on September 30 before dropping 1-0 decisions to Longwood and High Point.
- The Bucs have conference wins over UNC Asheville and Presbyterian.
- Campbell is the highest scoring team in the Big South with 31 goals but was blanked 1-0 by Liberty in its last outing. The Camels have wins over Presbyterian, Radford and UNC Asheville and a tie with Longwood.
- CSU won last year's meeting by a score of 3-1 in Charleston, but Campbell still holds a 9-2-1 lead in the all-time series. The Camels won 1-0 in 2015, the last time the teams played in Buies Creek.
Bucs to Watch
- Jordan Newman ranks fifth in the Big South with five goals and seventh with 12 points. She has two-goal games against South Carolina State and UNC Asheville.
- Lydia Frierson and Sidney Doherty both have two goals, and Doherty is tied with Newman for the team lead with two assists.
- Alyssa Dellacqua continues to lead the Big South with 77 saves while also ranking second in save percentage (.837) and third in goals against average (1.10).
Camels to Watch
- Alexa Genes enters the week tied for second in the nation with 13 goals and is third with 30 points. She is a three-time Big South Attacking Player of the Week and was named the NCAA Division I Player of the Week after recording a hat trick against UNC Asheville, her third game this season with at least three goals.
- Siara Southerland and Shannon Wratchford are tied for second in the Big South with five assists, with Southerland adding three goals for 11 points.
- Erin Scott has started all 13 games in goal and has a 1.19 goals against average, 39 saves and three shutouts.
The Bucs remain on the road at Liberty on Saturday before returning home to face Winthrop on October 18.