CHARLESTON, S.C. – Charleston Southern honored their three seniors, Filippa Ericson, Yana Morar, and Kimberley Koerner before Sunday's senior day match against Tulane. The Bucs fell 6-1 to the Green Wave in the season's penultimate home match.
The Buccaneers (8-9) lost the doubles on courts two and three to Tulane (10-12). The Green Wave quickly won 6-1 on court three before wrapping up a 6-4 win on court two.
Tulane's Elena Muller won her match at the top singles spot 7-5, 6-2 over Liz Williams to stretch her team's lead to 2-0, but Koerner got the Bucs on the board with a 7-5, 6-3 win on court five. Unfortunately for Charleston Southern, the Green Wave took all four remaining singles matches. Tiffany Pyritz and Madalina Man each forced third sets with their opponents, but neither could prevail in the final set.
Tulane 6, Charleston So. 1
1. Elena Muller (TLN) def. WILLIAMS, Liz (CSU-W) 7-5, 6-2
2. Daniela La Fuente (TLN) def. MAN, Madalina (CSU-W) 4-6, 6-3, 6-2
3. Ivone Alvaro (TLN) def. ERICSON, Filippa (CSU-W) 7-5, 6-1
4. Laura Fabrizi (TLN) def. SCHMITZ, Michelle (CSU-W) 6-2, 7-6
5. KOERNER, Kimberley (CSU-W) def. Christina Sisti (TLN) 7-5, 6-3
6. Adelaide Lavery (TLN) def. PYRITZ, Tiffany (CSU-W) 6-2, 4-6, 6-3
1. MAN, Madalina/PYRITZ, Tiffany (CSU-W) vs. Elena Muller/Ivone Alvaro (TLN) 4-5, unfinished
2. Daniela La Fuente/Laura Fabrizi (TLN) def. VAN RENSBURG, Femcke/MORAR, Yana (CSU-W) 6-4
3. Adelaide Lavery/Christina Sisti (TLN) def. KOERNER, Kimberley/ERICSON, Filippa (CSU-W) 6-1
Charleston So. 8-9
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (1,5,3,4,6,2)
News & Notes
- Koerner won her eighth singles match of the season on Sunday
- She also won in straight sets for the sixth time this season
The Buccaneers finish up their regular season with a home match on Wednesday, April 10th against Big South foe Winthrop. First serve is set for 2pm from the Buccaneer Tennis Complex.